27 April, 2005

The Friend Zone

There's a space in relationships that geeks fear, a space of uncertainty, sadness and loneliness, this space is called:

The Friend Zone.

Today I hit the friend wall, I saw it coming, I saw the signs, I been there before, but anyway I went I knocked at it. I should have known better, but here I am anyway.

But since in the whole self-learning thing, I decided to learn from this, so since bullshitness and reclusion just got me a three-month obsession with a Swedish pop singer, I did something different this time:

I asked for some honesty.

I cut the flirting, the innuendo, the insinuation and the outright lying and went for the throat, I directly asked for a response, not a sign, not a "you should understand if I do this", not a quick change of topic, not a nice letdown, specially not a nice letdown.

I think I deserve it (even if I don't).

Let's see where this takes me, I don't expect much, neither should you.

No comments: