29 April, 2005

Babel: Castles in the Sky

I've been told that my speech is difficult to understand, and my posts are, in the best cases, obscure and cryptic. Pondering on the reasons of this I came to understand that I've build upon ideas on my own way, not only going further ahead, but also sideways. Jung, Campbell, Tesla, all Tzus (see? cryptic again, Tzu is "Master" in chinese, thou referencing to Lao Tzu, Mo Tzu, Kung Tzu...), Pirsig, Brucato (Mage: the Ascension developer) and the occasional Wachosky have made me look in different directions from mostly everyone else.

I've bee told to not mix work and life, to leave Procterian at Procter. But I just can't, although I don't like to mix my food, my brain is a totally different matter. I have to mix things up, since it's the only way I can find meaning for them, relating and comparing it's mandatory for me. That's why I can't stand dogma, that's why I talk about soap and Anima on the same sentence, that's why I can hear A-Teens on minute and switch to Marylin Manson withou flinching.

It's just so fun to use procterian on day-to-day basis...

So you see, after knowing, learning, understanding and comprehending ideas (more on that someday I talk to you about my take on the types of knowledge), I incorporate them in myself, thus forgetting most of the time about others who are walking different paths from mine.

This is my babel, my castle in the sky and I better step down before it crumbles (or at least to remember to leave it time to time).

Now let's talk about my ego...

No comments: